• Rise from your gwave!

Saturn Jap/US Switch

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Jaded God, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

I was wondering if anyone had diagrams for the Saturn Jap/US Switch, I have looked everywhere and viewed Tony's page on it but it doesn't make sense to me...

I have a US Saturn Model 2 with circular buttons and its modded.

Taelon I know you have a region switch, and BJammz you too. If you guys could help I would appreciate it.

2. Taelon

Taelon Member

Well... I did have an EXCELLENT guide which actually covered four revisions of the model-2 Saturn and explained the differences in detail... but I'd have to search for it again. As before (see controller-wanted post), send me an email and I'll search the Web at home. Here at work, my browser is just too shitty to even try. [​IMG]

3. As I recall gamesx.com has a fairly good (and fairly freshly updated) guide on the mod. As far as I recall (I've done 2 different model saturns) the jumper settings are the same no matter which version you are doing, the difference is where on the board said jumpers are located (and they aren't necessarily all right next to each other)

4. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

Yea I looked at that and though it seems very clear I still am retarded about it...

5. where you located? I'd probably be willing to do it for you if you live somewhere in the california bay area.

6. In any case, does anyone think there is any interest out there for a 20 pin oval button saturn with a region switch on it? I have one without a region switch, sitting in my closet, but if someone was interested I'd be willing to part with it either as is (or with a region switch installed).

7. Taelon

Taelon Member

Seems Rabbit is taking care of ya with this one, Jaded. [​IMG] Which is good because I can't even begin to think where that one guide I had came from. [​IMG]

8. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

Well I live in Michigan, no where near the West coast. So way far away from California <_<

So I am still looking for diagrams so if you have any Rabbit I would appreciate them... You too Taelon [​IMG]

9. mal

mal Member

I'd love to help you JG, but I've never really looked at doing the mod myself.

I ended up buying a US and a Japanese Saturn instead. [​IMG]

10. Taelon

Taelon Member

Aaahahaha! [​IMG] I didn't think I'd find it again, but here it is!

Notice the document refers to US/JAP Saturns but has a link for PAL models at the very bottom [​IMG]

11. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

Awesome Taelon your the man! Just one more question...

How do I know which version they are talking about they go from 1-4 on this guide... I have a US Saturn with round buttons so a model 2... Which would it be on this guide?

12. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

So basically by looking at gamesx.com I got that this is how the wiring goes...

[​IMG]

and then this is how its wired to the switch

[​IMG]

This is all for a US Saturn to switch to a JAP... so its a US/JAP switch wiring is this correct how I have it?

13. Taelon

Taelon Member

Umm... You would know this if you just read the whole FAQ closely. The differences between the various revisions are listed in minute detail. Just see which description exactly matches your Saturn and you're halfway there. [​IMG]

The diagram you posted up there is a bit confusing to me... jumper solder points look right, but whatever that TV-with-rabbit-antenna-style diagram is supposed to be, I don't know for sure...

14. klakalou

klakalou New Member

i live in detroit.

15. Taelon

Taelon Member

I live in de city. What's a troit? [​IMG]

16. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

Klak you really live in Detroit??? I live in Canton if you know where that is... right next to plymouth... 30 mins away from Detroit.

17. Taelon

Taelon Member

OMG! I thought for a moment you meant Canton, OH. That's like 20-25 minutes from where I live. [​IMG]

18. Jaded God

Jaded God Member

Taelon I thought you lived in the UK?