• Rise from your gwave!

New Moon!

Discussion in 'General' started by SkankinMonkey, Sep 11, 2002.

1. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

2. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

wait woah is this true? Cool...

3. Quadriflax

Quadriflax New Member

Woo for space junk. Cuz being limited to destroying one planet with garbage just isn't enough these days.

Tell them I said "hi."

4. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

3rd moon? oh well.

and i love it when maxtor or seagate ruins my day =(

5. Myname

Myname Member

So hard to impress! [​IMG]

I wasn't even aware we had two, to be honest.

6. FAKK2

FAKK2 New Member

Im not good at science or any of that sh!t but isnt it not good for another planet to be flying around our earth in a horseshoe shape? I mean that cant be good can it?

7. Myname

Myname Member

The more the merrier, I say.. Even if it is just junk. Keeps life interesting knowing you might get harpooned at any second by an giant intergalactic Coke can.

Wait, I feel a shoot em up concept coming on..

8. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

actually the question mark was kinda supposed to convey that i didnt know we had a second either. i guess i should have bolded it or something. Even so, i dont see how it can affect anything that much. If it does do something amazing, then maybe it can get something better than an "oh well" [​IMG]

9. sizone

sizone New Member

seagate and maxtor make good drives

hdd breaking down is a inevitability

10. SkankinMonkey

SkankinMonkey Member

They don't know for sure yet, space.com posts a lot of garbage.

11. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

The more the merrier, I say.. Even if it is just junk. Keeps life interesting knowing you might get harpooned at any second by an giant intergalactic Coke can.

Wait, I feel a shoot em up concept coming on..[/b][/quote]

I can imagine it now... *walkin down the street whistiling* Do do do ... WTF?!?! *flaming coke comes down and hit syou in the face* "this is important... this means something." *is followed by mountain dew can*

12. mtxblau

mtxblau Mid Boss

Well, let's look at it this way.

Once it's caught in the Earth's gravity field, ie rotating about it, very little can be done to take it off it's path, especially given how small the items are.

Every item produces gravity. The faster it is moving, the more gravity it produces. Ie, when a car drives by you at a high speed, you may feel a pull after it drives by. That's gravity.

And with the example of the coke can, if it were to somehow reenter the earth's atmosphere, it'd burn up before it got to earth.

And finally, the junk that is floating out there is actually wrenches, nuts/bolts, various other tools and parts that have fallen off space ships and satellites. Because those space suits are incredibly thick, astronauts are prone to 'dropping' stuff all the time. Why not chase that stuff? Well, if they did, there is no guarantee they can get back the space craft, since there'd be nothing to push off of to go in the opposite direction, and there is no friction to slow him/her/it down.

Mr. Bean addresses this, I believe. (yes, Mr. Bean)

As far as the horseshoe shape goes, no, it's alright, since earth's and the moon's gravity is acting like a slingshot around each other.

13. Raijin Z

Raijin Z New Member

No. That would be drag. It's how those highway bicycle riders stay behind trucks without pedaling.

Greater mass = greater gravitational force. Detectable gravity requires an extremely massive body anyway. I don't think any manmade objects are massive enough to exert gravitational force on anything....

14. Myname

Myname Member

Believe it or not, I wasn't entirely serious.

15. maidtina

maidtina New Member

oh well, i'm off to the shopping centre for a giant burning can of tango and a game of "Defender" at sega park

16. SilentSnipeR

SilentSnipeR New Member

ah well. it's all life. One day we could be walking in the street and I giant asteroid could hit killing everyone. Not that you'd be a live to even notice...except cock roaches [​IMG]

17. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

Ha ha you said cock! tee-hee... Hmm alright that's enough of that.

@soldermonkey

wtf is sega park? IS it like a sega themed arcade in your area?

18. SilentSnipeR

SilentSnipeR New Member

??

there's a sega related place in sydney that like, has a lot of sega arcade machines, but it's expensive to get in and reall isn't worth it.

19. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

?! WTF. I WANT ONE OF THOSE! We have this decent arcade, but it really needs some ddr machines and something more highly advanced than red barron. The good news is, we're one of the lucky ones. It's also home to a battle lan set up.